Dixie Ball 2.3 Released
January 31st, 2024
By Christopher Shilts
We are pleased to announce the release of Dixie Ball version 2.3!
We decided to try to increase the velocity at which we release updates. Going forward we hope to release a feature update about once a month until we consider Dixie Ball to be finished. This is a rather ambitious goal for our team, hopefully we can maintain this tempo. Naturally these monthly releases will contain less content than a quarterly approach.
Before we tell you about the new features and bug fixes, its important to mention that the save system had to be overhauled. As a result old saves from previous versions will not work, and will be deleted on startup. If you want to continue where you left off, we strongly recommend finishing playing with Dixie Ball version 2.2, otherwise you will have to start a new game.
- A message system which allows the player character to speak, and hints to help the player
- Waterfall Cave has been illuminated with glow shrooms;
- Explosions now have animated lighting;
- Jump is now directional, giving the player more control; Camera zooming in and out is now smooth;
- Fixed player jumping against rain collisions;
- Fixed sky showing behind cave opening when you're on the bridge;
As always, we encourage you to try our free and open source video game. And if you want to help support us, donations would be much appreciated.
Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy playing Dixie Ball 2.3.